814 STUART LITTLE APPRECIATION ELA
Stuart Little is a children’s chapter book by E.B White. Stuart Little can be described in a few words: soothing, funny, and lovable. The characters are very charismatic and interesting, it's meaningful, and has a great adventure. I love the book Stuart Little because of all the great elements to the story and the characters. Stuart Little is all about this little mouse, who doesn't quite know that he's a mouse.
His family loves him just the same. Stuart lives his life with passion and shows that being small in such a huge world doesn't matter to him. This little mouse goes through a lot in such a short story. I really liked this book when I was a little kid, but I think I appreciate even more as a middle schooler. I think that it has a lot of great aspects to it that make it a book for people of more then one age. It is a book that almost everyone who lives a life with a little adventure in it can relate to. For me I could relate to this book as a young child because I always felt very small, like Stuart. I felt as if I could still accomplish my life and do big things, no matter how small I was. I think that this book is written for everyone; but only if the reader is willing to believe that no matter how big or small you are, anything is possible.
When I first read Stuart Little in first or second grade I could relate well to all of the characters in the book, even Snowbell. When I read this book for the first time, my Dad read it to me, and I always pictured my family like the Little's family. I thought that my sister and I were both Stuart, and I thought that Snowbell was our anger for each other sometimes, I thought that George was our emotions and good feelings for each other, and my Dad was Mr. Little and then my Mom was Mrs. Little. Now reading the same exact book from a totally different perspective I can still say that I feel the same way about my connections to the characters. The themes in the book connect to me now as an older reader of Stuart Little because I still feel small in a huge world. For example, in the book Stuart is constantly looking for something that he can't find, in his case he is searching throughout the whole book, for his lost love, Margalo. He doesn't know where to look for her. I can relate to that because in life I always search for answers, not knowing if I will ever find them. When I read Stuart Little this year, I had to annotate it for ELA. I think that having to do this caused me to think much more deeply about the book and all of its components. Such as when I read it and thought about not only the plot, but the characters and all of the sides to them, and all of the ways that the characters can express themselves. I believe that when you read a book for the second, or even third time, every time you read it you get a new image of the book, and something new happens in your mind, where you realize something. Or something just clicks for you. For me it was the complexity of the characters and the plotline.
As I read this book and my eyes scanned the pages, I saw that Stuart Little was not only a story for children, but an adventure so timeless and memorable that its hard to not love this book, no matter how old or young you may be. I think that what makes this book so memorable is that there are moments in the book when the characters are. All of the small things in this book help it come together as a whole and as a story. So open the book and read these sacred pages, and feel your connections to the characters boiling inside of you. You will learn about Stuart as a mouse (person) and as a friend, a brother, and a boy that time and time again Stuart is a helpful person to his family and his friends. He even risks his life to find his mother's wedding ring in the drain. He helps a man win a sailing contest and Stuart even helps his dearest friend Margalo when she is in trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think. Don't be shy.