This week I did read more then one person's blog posts, some of them I skimmed cause they weren't as interesting to me as they could have been, but others really caught my attention and I enjoyed reading a large portion of the ones I did read.
One person's blog that I read, and enjoyed a lot. Was Fiona Socolow's blog, Paper Mind. One of her blog posts that I most enjoyed was the post about the poem The Starry Night. This post went really deep into her thoughts on the poem. She had a really good structure to her response on the poem as well. She included an introduction paragraph, and then all of her body paragraphs. One thing that she did very well, was her use of vocabulary. The way she used her language it flowed really well. For example... one line that was written very well was the line "It took reading it a few times to find layers in the lines." I think that when she simply says "...layers in the lines." it flows really well, and it makes me (as the reader) think more deeply about what that means. It makes me want to read the poem and read the rest of her response, to find out what she found out about the poem. Over all her posts were very thorough and meaningful. The way that she writes her poems, and then posts the picture that she was inspired from, it makes the poem more meaningful to the reader. And makes it possible for the reader to see where the poem came from.
Gabby Vazquez also writes very meaningful, and complete writing responses. She also has a very special way of writing about things that matter to her in her poetry, for example she wrote the poem Simply a dress. And in this poem she wrote about something that she really cares deeply about. She loves fashion from what I can tell, and by writing about fashion makes sense for her. When you read this poem to yourself in your head, you can tell that she has feelings about the topic. When I read this poem for the first time, I immediately could tell that she loves clothing, and knows what she's talking about. She has an amazing sense of style, and her personality really shines through in her blog posts. When she writes about poems she has read, such as her response to the poem My Papa's Waltz, she writes a lot about the proof that she has that came out of reading the poem. When she is describing what she thinks the poem is about she talks a lot about how she came to that conclusion.
Fatima Khokhar just like Gabby, really shows who she is on her blog. She writes a lot of poems about what was going on in her life at the moment. When i read her poems, I can really feel her emotions coming through in her poems, and writing. Fatima writes mostly poetry on her blog. But her poetry has a way of speaking to her audience. Her poems that she writes all seem to have stories behind them, so when I read them I know that they all come from her heart, and she cares about what she is writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think. Don't be shy.